A LUXURY TRAIN EXPERIENCE ABOARD BELMOND BRITISH PULLMAN: Each one of the vintage 1920's Pullman carriages is unique and formed part of the most famous and luxurious railways in Britain. Lovingly restored and refurbished, their exquisite design and workmanship is legendary. Veneered panels gleam. Art Deco lamps shed soft light on polished brass, bevelled glass and glossy mahogany fittings, while the unique armchairs provide comfortable and intimate dining.
- INDULGENT FINE DINING: Dining on Belmond British Pullman is pure indulgence, with innovative dishes and excellent wines served by your steward. Each menu is lovingly conceived by our chef using the finest British ingredients. His passion is fuelled by knowing he is a part of making someone’s special occasion extraordinary. Each meal is accompanied by the finest wines and champagnes expertly selected by our sommelier.
THE DAY INCLUDES:
- Round trip journey on this iconic train
- Heritage rail experience with silver service
- Delicious three course brunch with sparkling Bellini cocktail on outward journey
- Afternoon of your choice with destination sightseeing - either a guided tour, entrance fees or transfer to the destination to explore at leisure
- Sumptious four/five-course dinner on return trip with glass of champagne and half bottle of wine per person, canapes, coffee and petit fours.
DURATION: This is a full day experience lasting from 10 to 15 hours depending on your destination.
AVAILABILITY: Departures run all year round from london Victoria station with selected dates for the destination you choose. Click Here to View Timetable. All bookings are subject to availability. We recommend you book at least twelve weeks in advance. This is only a guideline and we advise you to book as early as possible to ensure the dates you want are available. If you require any help with the booking please give us a ring.
DESTINATIONS from London Victoria include: BATH, BLENHEIM & COTSWOLDS, CAMBRIDGE, CHATSWORTH HOUSE, SANDRINGHAM, YORK
Just select the destination you would like in the `Options Available' box to your left and proceed to buy. You can change destination and make your final decision on destination and dates when booking for no additional cost.
- Cambridge & Ely - a bellini brunch on board sets the tone for an unforgettable journey to Cambridge. With its rich history and world-famous university, there is much to admire on our guided walking tour of this fascinating city. Follow it with a luxury coach trip to the magnificent Norman Ely Cathedral nearby. A four-course dinner, with champagne and half a bottle of wine per person, is served during your return trip. Includes - coach transfer to Ely (approx 45 minutes) with a cathedral tour.
- Chatsworth House - follow a delicious brunch on board with a tour of one of Britain’s finest country houses. Discover famous works of art, before exploring the gardens designed by ‘Capability’ Brown, featuring spectacular fountains. Enjoy a fabulous five-course dinner with champagne and half a bottle of wine per person on your return trip. Includes - admission to the house and gardens.
- Historic Bath - journey to Britain’s best-preserved Georgian city while enjoying an indulgent brunch on board. Take a guided coach tour or choose to explore Bath at your leisure. The historic city centre is the perfect setting for a day out. Its many highlights include the historic Roman Baths and Pump Room, museums, antiques shops and chic boutiques. A gastronomic four-course dinner, accompanied by champagne and half a bottle of wine per person will be served during your return trip.
- Sandringham - official country retreat of HRH The Queen in Norfolk, Sandringham House is nestled in 24 hectares of stunning grounds. Explore the house, formal gardens and museum, enjoying brunch on the outward journey and dinner on your return. Board Belmond British Pullman train and revel in the luxury of your surroundings. Walk the length of the train and examine the unique carriages, or simply settle into your armchair and await the arrival of your chilled Bellini. Includes - entrance to house, museum and grounds. A gastronomic four-course dinner, accompanied by champagne and half a bottle of wine per person will be served during your return trip.
- Historic York - combine a trip on Belmond British Pullman with sightseeing in York, one of the best-preserved medieval cities in Europe. Start the day with a bellini brunch and go back to an age when train travel was the epitome of sophistication. Enjoy a fabulous five-course dinner with champagne and half a bottle of wine per person on your return trip. Includes - optional guided walking tour and admission to York Minster.
Blenheim Palace - tours illuminate the rich history of this 18th-century baroque palace and you can also explore the magnificent gardens and grounds at leisure. Aside from being the site of Winston Churchill’s birth, the palace has served as a convalescence hospital during the First World War and a base of operations for MI5 during the Second World War. Enjoy brunch on the outward journey and a four-course dinner with champagne and half a bottle of wine per person on your return. Includes - guided tour of Blenheim Palace and free time to explore the grounds and exhibitions.
WHO CAN DO THIS: Adults and children welcome.
ACCESSIBILITY: Please note that while disabled passengers can be accommodated to some extent, it is not possible for someone to board in a wheelchair. Staff will be available to assist passengers to their seats and folding wheelchairs can be stored during the journey. Please ring on booking to discuss in more detail. Suitable for:
- Hard of Hearing/Deaf
- Restricted - Arm
- Restricted - Leg? (Please see details above and contact us if you'd like to discuss)
- Visually Impaired
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING: Dress code is smart day wear. No jeans or trainers.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Your Humdinger Day starts here and we want to make sure you have a fantastic time from start to finish. Please contact us if you'd like help with the booking or any other aspects of the day.
- There is a non-smoking policy aboard the train
- Please advise of any dietary requirements at time of booking. A table for two cannot be guaranteed.
- All dates are subject to availability. Once a date is booked it cannot be changed or cancelled.
- Unless specified all departures are by diesel locomotive.
- On arrival at your chosen destination you’ll have time to walk around and see the sights before boarding the train again for your journey back.
ABOUT HUMDINGER DAYS
► For a short video introducing Humdinger Days and starting a Bucket List - click `INTRODUCING HUMDINGER DAYS'
► For a simple PDF on `How To Create A Bucket List' for yourself or as a gift - click `HOW TO CREATE A BUCKET LIST'
► For PRIVATE GROUPS such as FAMILY, STAG & HEN or CORPORATE - click `CORPORATE & GROUP EXPERIENCES'